MIZUNO MP-20 MB IRON SET
LAYERS OF HISTORY. LAYERS OF FEEL.
The ultimate Mizuno muscle back – heavily influenced by the most revered blades of Mizuno’s past. Grain Flow Forged HD from a single billet of 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel – then layered with soft Copper plating beneath a protective Nickel Chrome for legendary feel and feedback.
- Layers of Feel: Grain Flow Forged HD in Hiroshima Japan, from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel, then plated in soft copper and Nickel Chrome – the original layering from Mizuno’s great TN87 blade.
- ‘Tour Ready’ Profile: Honed by studying elements of Mizuno’s most played/retained tour iron models – by both contracted and non-contracted tour players. Usage amongst ‘free-agents’ on tour provided a new perspective.
- Vertically Stable: A discreetly tapered top blade and cambered sole allow a fuller vertical spread of weight to forgive strikes high or low from the face – without distorting the traditional muscle back appearance.
- Refined Topline: Mizuno’s thinnest topline of recent generations – a response to feedback from our tour players. The MP-20 #3 iron is reduced by 0.05m and pitching wedge by 0.15mm (compared to MP-18).
- Mixed satin/mirror finish: Combination of chrome finishing to eliminate areas of high glare in the playing position.
“We kept asking ourselves – why did players still talk about the feel of the older Mizuno blades – TN87, MP14, MP29, TP9? Despite our Grain Flow Forging process tightening up and an evolving CAD process that predicts vibration patterns – we were still missing something. The one element left from the old classics was a layer of Copper. After blind testing our players at the Valspar it was more than nostalgia – our test pool universally preferred the prototype with copper plating.” -Chris Voshall, Golf Brand Manager. Mizuno