MIZUNO MP-20 MMC IRON SET
MULTI METAL PERFORMANCE
The 2nd generation of Mizuno’s multi material concept – with a thinner topline and refined scoring irons. Based on the chassis, set flow and proportions of the MP-20 muscle back – engineered to be more playable through the use of Titanium muscle plate and Tungsten sole weight. Grain Flow Forged HD from a single billet of 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel – layered within soft Copper plating and protective Nickel Chrome for legendary feel and feedback.
- Layers of Feel: Grain Flow Forged HD in Hiroshima Japan, from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel, then plated in soft copper and Nickel Chrome – the original layering from Mizuno’s great TN87 blade.
- Stability in a Tour preferred profile: Titanium muscle spreads weight for forgiveness from off centre strikes while maintaining centre portion thickness for muscle back type feel / feedback.
- Multi-material construction: Grain Flow 1025E mild carbon steel chassis and Ti muscle pad throughout, with 12g Tungsten toe weight (4-7 iron) for ease of launch in a compact playing profile.
- Improved set flow to wedges: Use of a 2nd Titanium muscle pad specific to the short irons, allows a narrower sole from 8 iron to pitching wedge
- Dramatically thinner topline: As a response to requests from the tour. The MP-20 MMC #4 iron is reduced by 0.3mm and pitching wedge by 0.4mm (compared to MP-18 MMC). Less than 1mm thicker at address than the MP-20 muscle back.
- Mixed satin/mirror finish: Combination of chrome finishing to eliminate areas of high glare in the playing position.
“The new MMC is the smaller, sharper version of the original. For a player with a traditional eye, looking for a little stability from off centre strikes, but comfortable with their distances and ball speed – this is the iron.” – Chris Voshall, Golf Brand Manager. Mizuno
There are no reviews yet.