Mizuno Pro 221 Iron Set
The Ultimate Muscleback
Inspired by the iconic blades of Mizuno past – evolved to be more playable through incremental refinements in shape and weight placement. Bevelled for the appearance of a shorter face profile and narrower top line – without loss of mass in the upper blade. With dramatically more compact scoring irons than its predecessors. Grain Flow Forged in Hiroshima, Japan, with a soft copper underlay for a uniquely satisfying Mizuno sensation at impact.
- FORGED IN HIROSHIMA JAPAN: One-piece Grain Flow Forged HD from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel at Mizuno’s iconic facility in Hiroshima, Japan – where Mizuno irons have been produced since 1968.
- SOFT COPPER UNDERLAY: A microlayer of copper beneath Nickel Chrome – for the purest, softest feel made famous in the legendary TN87. Reintroduced in 2019.
- THICKER BEHIND IMPACT: Mass relocated from the heel area to muscle pad produces a slightly muted sound preferred in our ‘blind’ tour tests.
- SHORTER & MORE COMPACT APPEARANCE: Shrewdly bevelled to deliver the appearance of a thinner top edge and shorter head length – without loss of playability.
- CONTROLLED SHOT SHAPING: Mizuno’s shortest CG / shaft axis is consistent from 3-PW, allowing controlled fades and draw feels right through the set.
- NOTICEABLY SMALLER SHORT IRONS: Following feedback from the tour, 8-PW are dramatically reduced in size – with a heavily taped upper blade to control trajectory.
“We’re obviously working in small increments on a Mizuno muscleback – we have to dig quite deep to get any negative feedback. The copper underlay and Grain Flow forging was such a great foundation on the MP-20. Players with a good eye will enjoy the subtle shape changes through the set – especially the 8, 9, PW.” – David Llewellyn, Director of R&D
|Club #||Loft||Lie||Bounce||Offset||Length||Swing Weight|